PROFILE

yuklum :)

Hello! I am a year 2 life science major. I am always very cheerful but that is because I usually keep things to myself. I love to sing and have been singing in choir since secondary school. Currently, I am still singing in my JC alumni choir as well as 2 other external choirs. :)

LEAVE ME A TAG

EXITS

Alethea
Benjamin
Brad
Chun Siang
Danielle
Desmond
Gwen
Hannah
Jeremy
Jeremy Woodford
Joyce
Kheng Aik
Liang Fu
Susanto
Timothy
Vijani
Wei Chung
Yilei
Zhi Yi
Zong Neng

ARCHIVES;

August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008

Reflections

Saturday, November 8, 2008
7:35 PM

“And now that we’ve reached the end…” –I’ll hear your voice by Rockapella

From my first post, to me, the basis of effective communications was to maintain, construct and improve my social network. Now, at the end of this module, I still feel strongly for this. However, after taking this module, I think that maintaining, constructing and improving my social network is insufficient. Effective communications can also help to create a good first impression in others about me, no matter in workplace or other social settings.

The most important thing that I have learnt from this module is to be a good team player. In this module, we did a lot of group work other than with our own research group. Not only did I get to know most of my classmates better, it also helped me in communicating and cooperating better with other people. In other modules, we also get to do projects with people from different faculties, but in ES2007s, we get to work with different people almost every week! Hence, we not only need to be receptive to ideas, we have to be adaptable.

From this module, my EQ and interpersonal communications have also improved. I identified the EQ skills that I need to improve on and also learnt to deal with conflicts in different situations. Although there might not be a perfect solution to every situation, I learnt how to handle conflicts in the most appropriate way. Improving my EQ also helped to make me a better team player. All in all, this module had definitely taught me how to work with other people.

I enjoyed this module a lot and a big part that contributed to this is our fun class. Being in this class had made me feel comfortable to speak out and not afraid to make mistakes. Brad not only guided us well, he was also there as a friend, which made the lessons very interesting.